IT'S EVERY KID HEALTHY WEEK
Every Kid Healthy Week™ is an annual observance celebrating physical activity, good nutrition and health among children and adolescents, and recognizing schools and community partners working to improve kids’ health and wellness. This week, Massachusetts passed a resolution sponsored by Senator McGee and Representative Brodeur recognizing Every Kid Healthy Week™ during the week of April 24th – 28th.
This special week highlights the health benefits of regular physical activity and the work of schools and community organizations around the country to improve the health and wellness of their students. There is a strong link between nutrition, physical activity and learning – because healthy kids are better prepared to learn!
We invite you to get involved and be a part of the celebration to support good nutrition and regular physical activity for kids. Here are five ways you can support Every Kid Healthy Week.
- Host an event. If you work or are involved in a local school, this is your opportunity to host a lively, health-promoting event! Events can range from health and wellness fairs and taste tests to fun runs and schools gardens. Parents, grandparents and community members can get involved as volunteers. Register your event with EveryKidHealthy- Week.org.
- Host a healthy foods taste test with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy products, either in your school or home
- Encourage everyone in your school or community to take the Every Kid Healthy Pledge to demonstrate your commitment to creating healthier schools and healthier kids.
- Invite parents and students to participate in a school walk-a-thon
- Invite a local fitness trainer to lead a family yoga or other fitness class. Reimagine Play is available to host our On the Move fitness classes for families.
Share how you get kids active. Use #EveryKidHealthy and #onthemove when you share your event photos on social media.